Do you want to sell website online for higher return?
Whether it’s a blog, e-commerce store, or a niche website, selling a website online can be a lucrative endeavor.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of selling a website, from scratch.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Evaluate Your Website’s Worth
Before you start the selling process, you need to calculate worth of your website to avoid the losing big.
Typically worth of website lies between 15-30 times of your monthly profit.
you can evaluate your website worth by two method:
- Using third party website: Use online valuation tools like Empire Flippers, Flippa, or WebsiteBroker to get an approsimate of your website’s value based on traffic, revenue, and other factors.
- Using Own Analysis: Here you do analysis of your website related to traffic,per month profit,backlinks etc based on this you can identfy your approximate value of website.
There are several ways to price your website correclty.Let’s see the ways to price your website rightly:
- Niche Type: Website niche matters a lot in the website selling business, if your niche type is in tourisam,financial then it is more valuable even if you have low traffic
- Brandability: If you have build your website by considering as brand and domain name is well known then it sell at higher price
- Domain Age: Domain authority increases as the domain age grow, and website rank in the top of SERP.
- Backlinks: If you have backlink from authority site , it sell more but if it has spammy link then most buyer won’t buy your website.
- EmailList: You can increase the website valuation by building the Email List or subscriber list that you can give to buyer
- Social Assets : Social assests like Facebook page, pinterest profile which is associated to your site
- Themes and Plugins: If you’re using some paid plugin, theme then you can add this to your website operating cost and increase the website sell value.
Step 2: Prepare Your Website for Online Sale
After evaluating your website value, next step is to prepare your website for online sell. Here is the two thing that you can implement just before listing website for sell.
- Clean Up: Before selling your website its recommended to clean the website such as outdated content,technical issue,broken link etc.
- Website Documentation: Next, is to prepare detailed overview of your selling website ,that includes history,traffic,revenue,profit, expenses and reason to sell website.
Step 3: Find The Right Online Platform To Sell Website
Cool, you are ready with your estimation and documentation of selling website !
Next, you need a platform through which you can sell your website online, these platform helps you to find best buyer for your website.
Don’t worry !
Here we have compiled some popular online platform to sell your website.
1.Flippa.com : Flippa is widely popular that offers buyer and seller to buy and sell the any website easily. Flippa has huge buyer list , it assign the new buyer every minute. It has online business evaluation tool that you can use to get your website worth by answeering simple question.
2.Empire Flippers: Empire Flipper Known for strict listings and have the minimum requirement of $1000 in netprofit. Success commission that you have to pay and it also depends on the price of your business.
Empire flippers has the detail and strict requirement for seller , thats why the buyer trust more on Empire flippers.
Step 4: Create an Attractive Listing
Once you decided the online platform, you have to list your website on their platform.
Your listing is your chance to make a great first impression on the buyer. Here is the few tips that you can follow for listing website for selling :
- A Compelling Title: Grab potential buyers’ attention with a enticing title.
- Detailed Description: Describe your website, its niche, traffic sources, profit, growth potential,social asset and any unique features.
- Showcase Assets: Highlight your domain name, content quality, design, and any other assets.
- Visuals: Include high-quality images, screenshots, and charts to visually represent your website’s growth and performance.
- Asking Price: Set a realistic asking price based on your calculation and research.
Step 5: Promote Your Listing
Once you list your website on selected platform, buyers can view your listing and can match with their requirement. if they find it suitable they will connect with you for closing the deal.
You can promote your listing thorough social media,forum communities, email marketing and paid advertisement.
Step 6: Negotiate and Transfer the Ownership
In this step, once you get the enquires from buyer, do the negotiation if required.
You have to be responsive in the communication and provide the requested information on time with full of transparency.
Draft a legally binding contract that indicates the terms of the sale, payment method, and transfer of assets.
Once this is done you can follow the transfer ownership process:
- Domain Transfer: Transfer the domain name to the buyer’s registrar.
- Website Files: Provide the buyer with all website files, including databases and content etc.
- Hosting: Change hosting access and provide all necessary login credentials to the buyer.
- Handover: Ensure to provide a smooth transition and support during the handover process.
FAQ About How To Sell Website Online?
How To Sell Website Online For Big Bucks?
Selling website online is quite easy and trusted. you can evaluate your website worth,prepare documentation,find platform,list website for sale and confirm the deal.
Who Are The Potential Buyer Of My Website?
If you are selling your website , your potential buyers will be investor,Equity Companies and flippers